Tuesday, December 07, 2004

addicted...

ad·dic·tion (a-dkshn): n.
Compulsive physiological and psychological need for a habit-forming substance.
The condition of being habitually or compulsively occupied with or or involved in something.


i have a problem. im obsessed. im addicted. i thought to myself, ill try it just once and then walk away - just to see what it was all about. but it's not that easy, it never is. everyone else was doing it. they were having so much fun, and would always talk about the good stuff they had gotten. i tried to abstain for the longest time, and for a really long time i was successful - not getting caught up in that lifestyle. but recently my temptation got the better of me, and now i just cant stop. it's such a rush, such a high. ive become different - jumpy and edgy...the first step is asking for help. i think i need help.


yes, it's true. it's all true. im addicted to e-bay.

i bid on bizarre items that i don't need - just for the thrill of pushing the button, get into bidding wars with perfect strangers, ive become a hermit. endless hours have been consumed by the monster that is e-bay. free me from this self-induced misery!


"Oh simple thing where have you gone

I'm getting old and I need something to rely on
So tell me when you're gonna let me in
I'm getting tired and I need somewhere to begin
And if you have a minute why don't we go
Talk about it somewhere only we know?
This could be the end of everything
So why don't we go
Somewhere only we know?"

1 Comments:

At 11:39 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Uh-Oh. Here comes the OCD again. I smell trouble, and the faint scent of Paris Hilton's new perfume.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home