Monday, October 04, 2004

my love, seen...


is this love? actually...Posted by Hello

i am a sap. i love the concept of fairy tale endings, happily ever after, 'the one', love in unlikely places, destiny...but is that all they are--concepts? i am enamored by all of these romantic movies, with their beautiful people, quotable sayings, grandeous gestures to profess their love.

lately, it has just seemed that everyone's relationships are just not what they appear to be. marriages are ending. the perfect couples are breaking up. what's going on? is there something in the water?

ive been told time and time again that my expectations of what is supposed to happen, and how someone is supposed to feel are not realistic, that it simply doesnt happen that way in real life. i think ive been lucky enough to have a few of those 'sweep you off your feet' moments, albeit without the happily ever after (obviously). hopefully my frequent viewing of every movie julia roberts has ever made (minus erin brockovich) hasnt skewed my perceptions too far from reality...


"Open your eyes
I see

Your eyes are open
Wear no disguise for me
Come into the open
When it's cold outside
Am I here in vain?
Hold on to the night
There will be no shame..."

2 Comments:

At 5:07 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

I JUST got that! Love seen (scene). Love Actually, duh!

 
At 9:23 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

ok, you win, cheesiest one of them all.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home