Sunday, September 16, 2007

baby it's cold outside

So the first hint of colder weather has finally arrived. It is slightly overcast, with a wonderful chill in the air. My absolute favorite! Quite contrary to the majority of the population, I love it when the temperature hovers right around 67 degrees. Lovely. It just seems so crisp and clean. I made a cup of coffee and put it in my big blue coffee cup (stolen from my sister), put on my favorite big fuzzy socks, bundled up in my coziest blanket, and curled up on the couch to do some mindless magazine reading. I love those lazy Sundays. After a good fifteen minutes of bliss, reality hit that I have endless mounts of work to do….and could no longer avoid. I hate it when lazy Sundays don’t realize who they are in the day hierarchy…they are never going to be that over-achiever that sits in the front of the class answering every question….they should just realize their place and remain that slacker kid that sits in the back corner falling asleep and drooling. Sometimes we just shouldn’t try to be things we aren’t…

Sad, I better get back to trying to be a Monday.


Lazy Sunday,

Wake up in the late afternoon
Call Parnell just to see how he's doin'
Hello?
What up, Parn!
Yo Samberg, what's crackin'?
You thinkin' what I'm thinkin'?
Narnia!
Man it's happ'nin'!
But first, my hunger pangs are stickin' like duct tape.
Let's hit up Magnolia and mack on some cupcakes.
No doubt, that bakery's got all the bomb frostings.
I love those cupcakes like McAdams loves Gosling.

3 Comments:

At 10:08 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

i miss my lazy sundays too...
xoxo,
lis

 
At 10:17 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

I've been looking for that blue mug! I guess now we're even for all the stuff I used to take from you (although I never took anything out of state...)

 
At 4:40 PM, Blogger Kris said...

love a lazy any-day.

our reunion is this weekend. blah.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home