Thursday, January 06, 2005

jumped.

first and foremost - happy belated new years all! two-thousand-friggin-five. dayam.

new years is my favorite time of year...it usually is a really great time - i cant recall ever not having a GREAT new years eve celebration - and this year was no exception...had SOOO much fun. there was debauchery in excess, the exchange of beads, tears, laughter, flowing libations, stalkers - all the ingredients for mayhem.

one of my life long quests was finally achieved. no not that. i was in a cat fight - well actually - i was jumped.
rewind to 11:30pm december 31st - we had been drinking, and you know how the story goes - i HAD to use the restroom - i simply could not wait any longer. padh and bomb warn me that the line is 2 miles long and that there is no way that i would make it back to the club for the countdown. i decide to take my chances. i run to the restroom - and see that there is literally 2 miles long full of drunken girls. i decide to take matters into my own hands and cut the entire line. yes, yes, i know this is wrong, and i wouldnt normally do such a thing - but i was drunk, wasnt thinking straight, and HAD to go. so there i am standing there in front, minding my own business, when i hear someone from behind yell - 'where did YOU come from?!' - i ignore the comment. i hear again 'where'd the bitch in the weave come from?!' (note - i dont have a weave!)...i felt someone's hand on my shoulder - i turn and see that there are 4 scary girls with black lip liner, crunchy hair, and acrylic nails (you know the type) staring at me...at this point i am slightly frightened (by slightly, i mean - if i wasnt doing those kegals - i probably would have gone right then and there)...i stand firm and say 'i was here' - black-lip liner girls says 'see that girl in the green in front of you? ive been behind her for an hour and a half, biatch'...i repeat, 'ummm, i was here'. here begins the fight - someone pulled my hair - HARD. my neck does this weird whip lash thing, someone had stomped on my foot. i begin flailing about. i think i managed to get a slap somewhere in there, and continue to flail about. i see that a stall has opened up - i stomp on someone's foot, release myself and run into the stall. i hear them outside still calling me profanities. i attempt to call for backup - alas, no reception (damn you sprint!). i go. and wait - for fear that they are waiting outside - i open the door slightly and take a peek - coast is clear. i haul ass back to the club - i have never run in heels before - and i was fast.

i return to the club and tell padh and bomb that i was just jumped - we are distracted by the countdown (i think? - this point is a blur) and all is forgotten...until the next day - when i take a shower and discover the severe neck pains and missing chunks of hair. lovely. i discover an acrylic nail (not mine) in my jacket pocket - perhaps i was saving it as a souvenir? yuck. what happens in vegas, stays in vegas - apparently except for hair loss, bruising, whip lash, and other people's nails in your pocket.

ahh, what a great night.


and a very special dedication...

"so who's to worry
if our hearts get torn
when that hurt gets thrown
don't you know this life goes on
and won't you kiss me
on that midnight street
sweep me off my feet
singing ain't this life so sweet

this year's love had better last..."

5 Comments:

At 4:29 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Hello There.
So you don't know me. But I stop in and read your blog on a regular basis (it's been a few months now). You seem adorable. You haven't mentioned if you are available. What are your thoughts on meeting a harmless stranger? I promise if I am around, I won't allow you to get jumped. ;)

 
At 9:35 AM, Blogger Sup said...

haha, anonymous, old buddy old pal - very funny.

 
At 5:08 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

OH MY GOD!! That would only happen to you Sup!

 
At 1:43 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

AWWWWW!! I love you, SUPI!

 
At 3:43 PM, Blogger Sup said...

i'm gonna miss you guys too! lis - get ames good and trashed for me and come back with lots of pictures & stories.

i love me the comments, but dont be anonymous - come into the light =)

 

Post a Comment

<< Home