Wednesday, July 20, 2005

biscuit aka p.doody

so ive never been much of a dog person, or a pet person for that matter...there was my short stint as a dog owner from ages 2-4, with our cocker spaniel, fluffy. but that relationship ended when i was oh-so-innocently consuming my lifelong favorite meal - a hot dog. some ketchup had dribbled on to my chin, and fluffy came over to lick it off - and somehow managed to bite me and get his fang lodged in my chin (i dont remember this at all - but i do have the scar to prove it). shortly after was the birth of the little sis - and fluffy was regifted to another family.

my next role as a pet parent came in college with my sea monkeys. as any expectant mother, i counted the days until they hatched...days turned into weeks, weeks turned into months...and there was no visible difference in the murky water. it was not until much later that mars revealed to me that she had accidentally knocked the tank over and refilled it with laundry water. after all, that is what friends are for - killing your pets and then silently laughing at you while you stared at their dirty underwear water for hours at a time.

finally getting to my point...im in love! though we have not met, and i have only seen two pictures...im in love with biscuit...(no, not you soggy biscuit)...mama june's baby boy:


though i am quite sure that once he poops within smelling distance of me, or bites my chin off - whatever comes first, the love affair will be over. also, since i already have one biscuit in my life, i would have to rename him frodo, dumbledore or p.doody (my dog names of choice).

"swallow me then spit me out
for hating you, i blame myself
seeing you it kills me now
no. i dont cry on the outside
anymore..."

4 Comments:

At 4:46 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

i met biscuit this weekend and he is absolutely precious! XOXO, lisa

 
At 11:16 AM, Blogger Kris said...

seriously, biscuit is a fookin' cutie pie!!! can't wait to meet the lil fella

 
At 4:23 PM, Blogger Unknown said...

Your page loaded really quick for all the content and images I'm impressed

 
At 6:50 AM, Blogger Unknown said...

Good post

 

Post a Comment

<< Home